Tuesday, May 01, 2007

We just had to get out of Dodge.


So me, Ashlee and two kids decided to take a trip. Using my powers of persuasion we came up with the destinations of New York City and Washington DC. The real reason for the trip was to visit my sister who is currently living in Charlottesville Virginia. Her husband Ben is graduating from The University of Virginia Law School. They will be relocating to Rochester New York in September. I wanted to visit them there because I love Virginia and Ashlee had never been. So rather show up for Ben's graduation and get lost in the scheduling of that major event we decided to make a little trip out of it for ourselves and see some of the sights. I have been to the DC area a few times myself and I really thought Ashlee would love it. I wanted her to see a few of the things that I think make our country great. We chose adding New York to the trip because we just don't ever get the chance to visit that part of the country and if we didnt make the effort it would never happen, plus we missed out on the trip my parents took to NYC with my siblings in 2005 (Ashlee was pregnant with Lance). So the next few posts are going to chronicle the trip we took.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.